- Weight Options: You can either buy XMark Adjustable Dumbbells in pairs (maximum of 25 or 50 lbs per dumbbell), or in singles (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- Weight Increments: If you chose to purchase a pair of 25-pounders, you can lift from 5 to 25 lbs., in increments of 5, per dumbbell. For the other two options (50-lbs per dumbbell, in pairs or single), you can lift from 10 to 50 lbs. per dumbbell, at 10 lbs. per increment. You can switch from one weight setting to another using a slide adjustment switch that is conveniently found on each side of a dumbbell.
- Steel Construction: Each dumbbell is made of heavy-duty, chrome-plated steel construction.
- Storage Tray: XMark Adjustable Dumbbells come with plastic storage trays where you can place the adjustable weights when not in use.
- Exercise Variety: You can use these muscle-developing aids in over 30 exercises focusing on the arms, chest, shoulders, back, abs, and legs. Use XMark Adjustable Dumbbells to add more resistance to your curls, presses, crunches, lifts, and lunges.
- Free Space: Having adjustable dumbbells replaces buying 9 or so sets of dumbbells. Aside from not worrying about where to store all of these dumbbells, a huge advantage is having more free space for other stuff in your small apartment or home. You never know when you’ll need that extra space.
- Clean Corners: This may not apply to everyone, but I’m pretty sure that this is a common experience, especially among men. Have you ever been bugged to clean up your room, organize your garage or tidy up your corner of the house? Picture this: with adjustable dumbbells, you have less stuff that causes clutter. More so, your wife or girlfriend would stop bugging you about how messy and disorganized your exercise corner is. Less nagging equals more quality time.
- Free Weights Rule! : A number of customers have gone from using free weights to equipment using other resistance technologies, and back to using free weights again. Why? There isn’t anything that can compare to the accuracy of tension levels provided by free weights. They may try to simulate it, but in reality, nothing can copy it.
- Gloves are a must in using XMark Adjustable Dumbbells. Since they are chrome-plated, one must be cautious as they might slip from your hands.
- It would have been better if all of the dumbbells had at least 5-lb. increments instead of 10. Some people might have difficulty switching immediately to 10 lbs. heavier.
- You have to be extra careful when switching from one weight to another, as the weights might fall off if not properly locked in.
Purchasing the XMark Adjustable Dumbbells over buying a set of different weights is a better choice when you are living in a home with such a small space to accommodate all of your exercise equipment. To fit your exercise regimen, you are given three options to choose from: a single, 50-pound dumbbell, two 50-pound dumbbells, or a pair of 25-pounders. All three come with storage trays and are made with heavy-duty steel that is chrome-plated.