- Weight and Weight Increments: The Weider SpeedWeight 100 (15-50 lbs.) Adjustable Dumbbell Set comes with two dumbbells each having a weight range of 15 to 50 lbs. (or 6.8 to 22.6 kilograms each). It has eight (8) weight settings at 5 – pound increments, starting at 15 lbs. all the way up to 50 pounds.
- Adjustment: You can shift from one weight setting to another in under 4 seconds by turning the interior dial either clockwise or counterclockwise. A small clicking sound indicates that the weights are safely in place.
- Construction: The Weider SpeedWeight 100 (15-50 lbs.) Adjustable Dumbbell Set guarantees commercial – grade construction to its users. Its weight plates are made out of painted cast iron, instead of plastic, as some adjustable dumbbells use. Its plastic – coated grip is ergonomically designed for comfort and durability. Each dumbbell is 18 inches in length, and each plate is 6 inches in diameter.
- Stand and Weight Bases: Weider throws in a storage stand at no extra cost. Although the weight bases are made out of plastic, they are mounted on steel baseplates that are a part of the stand. The stand itself is easy to assemble and is very durable as it is made of welded steel braces.
- Other Free Add-on’s: Aside from the stand, the Weider SpeedWeight 100 (15-50 lbs.) Adjustable Dumbbell Set also sends out 3 DVDs with six (6) 20 – minute workouts, to its users. These DVDs lead users through workouts targeting developing endurance, strength, and lastly, strength and power.
- Adjustment in a Cinch: A lot of its users chose the Weider SpeedWeight 100 (15-50 lbs.) Adjustable Dumbbell Set over other options because of the ease of the weight adjustment, as well as how secure the weight plates are, even after doing quick changes. Its interior dial is definitely one of the easiest, quickest, and safest ways to work through various weight settings.
- Free Stand: Weider is ahead of the game by a mile, simply because of the fact that they understand how indispensable a stand is. Clearly, a lot of users also chose this over other brands because a safer choice was offered to them at no extra cost. More than just having a free storage spot, the stand helps people who work out avoid unnecessary strain.
- Commercial – Grade Construction: Quality, safety, and convenience – need I say more? You definitely won’t feel bad about shelling out a few bucks to get the dumbbell sets that will last you a long time.
- Some users feel that the length of this set makes them feel a bit awkward, especially when the dumbbells are lifted high. A good number of users would easily dismiss this, though.
If you are in an exercise program that requires progressive weight training, then the Weider SpeedWeight 100 (15-50 lbs.) Adjustable Dumbbell Set with Stand will serve you well. With two adjustable dumbbells ranging from 15 to 50 lbs. at 5 – pound increments each, and a free stand to boot, this set shall be your companion as you work towards your endurance, strength, and power training goals.