- Resistance: The Schwinn 520 Recumbent Elliptical Trainer uses Schwinn’s patented air resistance technology, Airdyne. This allows users smooth, progressive, and infinite resistance levels. The harder you pedal, the higher the resistance level is produced.
- Console and Programs: The console on this product is quite easy to read, scrollable, simple and has very basic features: time, calories, speed, distance, heart rate and RPM. There are only 3 goal programs focusing on time, calories, and distance.
- Heart Rate: The Schwinn 520 measures heart rate through pulse grips on its static handlebars.
- Stride Length: This machine has a 14-inch stride length.
- Weight Capacity: This recumbent elliptical can accommodate users weighing up to 300 lbs or 136 kilograms.
- Design: The Schwinn 520 adopts a reclined position that is safe even for persons with back problems. It has a padded seat as well as a back support that is ventilated and ergonomically shaped for better posture and comfort, even during long workout sessions. It also has oversized foot plates that can hold even larger feet comfortably. For convenient storage and frame stability, it also has transport wheels and 4 frame levelers.
- Dimensions: This machine weighs 120 lbs and has the following dimensions: 62 inches x 28 inches x 40 inches ( L x W x H)
- Add-ons: Because this two-in-one machine uses air resistance, the pedaling motion produces cool air that doubles as a fan for its users. Lastly, the Schwinn 520 also comes with a media tray and a water bottle holder.
- Innovative Design: One of the major pluses that this Schwinn elliptical has is its innovative design which combines a recumbent bike and an elliptical. It is sleek, and eye-catching, and can blend well in a design-conscious user’s home.
- Safe and Comfortable: The resistance system, seat and foot plates are made with keeping users comfortable and safe. What stands out in this piece, particularly, is its well-cushioned, ergonomically-designed and well-ventilated seat. This is a wonderful machine for people of all fitness levels and health requirements. More importantly, once users get onto this machine, they would immediately feel how stable and well-built it is.
- Airdyne Resistance: Another great thing about the Schwinn 520 is the infinite, progressive resistance levels provided by its patented technology. Users will feel that the harder they work, the better the workout gets with higher the resistance levels. Moreover, you won’t need a cooling fan with this machine since the machine does it for you.
- Users who need to monitor their heart rates as part of their exercise or rehab programs, shall need to purchase a chest-strap heart rate monitor, to get more accurate readings.
- Some users have trouble feeling the progression of resistance levels. They found that this may be too easy on them.
Exercise does not have to be uncomfortable and boring. With the Schwinn 520 Recumbent Elliptical Trainer (Black), you can sit back and work out on an elliptical trainer that doubles as a recumbent exercise bike.