- The unit comes with a 6.25-pound flywheel and the powertap calibration that simulates outdoor riding conditions, such as a coast-down from when your speed reaches 20 mph.
- Resistance automatically adjusts from 5 to 3,000 watts, as you vary your speed.
- A 2.5-inches metal roller helps reduce wear and tear.
- The Road Machine uses the thermodynamically neutral medical silicon fluid to provide consistent resistance at different temperatures caused by shifting speeds and varying intervals.
- Its fluid chamber has eighty (80) cooling fins that reduce heat.
- The chamber also has a driveshaft that is magnetically coupled.
- The fluid resistance chamber is virtually leak-free.
- The Road Machine provides unquestionable stability through a trapezoidal frame that is robotically welded.
- The unit is sturdy enough for tandem use.
- It fits almost all OEM skewers.
Measurements, Set-up, and Storage
- It fits 22 to 29-inch bicycle wheels.
- Its dimensions are 32 x 22.4 x 16 inches (L x W X H), and weighs 27 pounds.
- A quick-release lock ensures easy and fast set-up, as well as, removal.
- The unit is highly portable, and storage is made easy, as it can quickly be folded in half.
- A DVD with assembly instructions and directions are included in the package.
Worth Every Penny
One of the things that my mother and grandfather instilled in me, as I was growing up is to save for something I really want and need, even if it is very expensive. They also taught me that one of the reasons why something might be quite expensive is because of the investments the owners have made, in producing a product that is enduring, and high-quality. Fluid trainers, in general, are more expensive than other bike trainers, and I will admit that the Road Machine is one of the most expensive among them. However, true to what my family has taught me, I really do believe that every penny spent on the Road Machine is worth it. Go and search the web, or talk to other cyclists. They will, most likely, highly recommend this indoor bike trainer over the rest.
Ever since its release, the Road Machine has consistently been rated as the best fluid trainer by reviewers, semi-pro, and even pro cyclists. And even after we’ve survived this cold spell and move on to warmer, summer months, this trainer will still rule the charts.
Call me a pessimist, but although the Road Machine is said to be almost 100% leak-free, as long as there is fluid, there is still a chance of leaking.
This season’s cold blast won’t prevent serious cyclists from training, especially if they have the Kinetic Road Machine Fluid Trainer. The Road Machine is consistently rated as the best fluid trainer by a lot of pro and semi-pro cyclists, and reviewers because of its reputation for best-in-class quality and stability. Although it is definitely not the least expensive fluid trainer, it is well worth the investment for serious cyclists at all levels.