- Frame: Horizon Fitness’s EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer key feature is its SixStar-certified frame. This means that it was constructed with the six elements that make an elliptical provide the best workout for its users: ZEROgap™ (pedal placement), StraightUP™ (body posture), SUREstep™ (easy access), IDEALfit™ (handlebar spacing), FLATellipse™ (natural foot path), and SMOOTHpulley™ (smoothness of momentum provided by pulley-drive ratio).
- Resistance: The EX-69-2 uses the eddy current (magnetic) brake resistance (ECB) to provide 20 levels of resistance. Its flywheel weighs 6.5 kilograms or 14.3 pounds.
- Incline: It has 5 incline positions that can be manually adjusted.
- Stride Length: This elliptical has a 51-cm or 20-inch stride length.
- Programs: The EX-69-2 comes with ten (10) workout programs namely: Manual, Speed Intervals, Endurance Intervals, Peak Intervals, Cardio Burn, Muscle Toner, Strength Builder, Nature Trail, Peak Descent, and Mountain Climb.
- Console: This machine’s console is quite colorful and very easy to use. Its 5.75-inch green, backlit LCD provides feedback on distance, time, speed, heart rate, calories, program level, and watts. Users can also keep track of their progress towards their exercise goals through its on-board software, GoalCenter™.
- Heart Rate: User heart rate is monitored through the pulse sensors in the grips.
- Add-ons: Horizon Fitness’s EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer has a COOLfit™ fan, speakers and audio-in jacks, a reading rack, an accessories tray, and a water bottle holder.
- Dimensions: It measures 73 inches long, 33 inches wide, and 65 inches high. This piece of equipment weighs 185 lbs or 84 kg.
- Weight Capacity: The EX-69-2 is built to accommodate users weighing up to 300 lbs or 136 kilograms.
- Value for your Money: With all its great features and add-ons, you would be pleasantly surprised to find out that Horizon Fitness’s EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer costs less than a thousand dollars.
- SixStar-Certified, Durable Frame: Horizon is one among the only three companies that provide ellipticals that are certified by the experts on the SixStar panel. This means that Horizon has taken into consideration the natural walking or running feel without the impact to knees and joints. More so, once you step into the machine, you won’t feel any wobbling or shaking.
- Necessary Extras: While there are still some ellipticals in the market that do not have a cooling fan, water bottle holder, media tray, and/or reading rack, more and more people are starting to consider these as must-haves instead of add-ons.
- Assembly is complicated and time-consuming for some users.
- This machine gives off a loud beeping noise when adjusting controls. Users who have kids or family members that might be disturbed during early morning or late night workouts need to remove internal speakers to remove the beeping noise.
- One of the biggest issues about this machine is that it has no power incline. You’d have to get off the machine to adjust incline angles.
An exercise machine does not have to be hefty or a burden on your budget, to give you a solid and consistent workout. The SixStar-certified Horizon Fitness EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer proves that this is true.