- The Expresso HDU has an adjustable seat for optimal cycling posture.
- It has a 23 inch wide screen LCD for you to view your progress and choose tours or chases.
- The pedals allow you to use either standard or SPD-compatible shoes.
- Just like most exercise bikes, it comes with a water bottle holder.
- Its user console is very easy to operate and has a headset jack.
- Motion-control handlebars house the heart rate sensors and buttons to change resistance or virtual gear.
- The bike’s control panel has a Cat5e port for wired internet connectivity.
- This upright bike is designed for users weighing up to 350 lbs. or 160 kg, and is optimal for adult within the 4’10” to 6’4” (147 – 193 cm) height range.
Virtual Bike Features:
- The video display features a comprehensive dashboard that helps you monitor the following:
-Speed, RPM, and gears used
-Power, calories burned, and heart rate
-Progress compared to other players, “ghosts”, or your Pacer
- Pacers and “ghosts” keep you motivated and challenged.
- Up to 16 riders connected to the same network can ride or race on the same tour.
- Choose from three virtual workouts – tours, chases, or manual mode.
- Over 40 tours provide variety in workout pace and resistance, since the terrains are anywhere from 1 mile flat tracks to 20 mile off-road courses.
- Score points while pursuing dragons and gathering coins before the time is up by selecting Chase mode.
- You can share your progress and tours to friends and family via the social network.
- The Expresson HDU’s gamified approach to working out makes it much more fun and interactive, than your regular session with other upright exercise bikes. Time flies by so quickly that you won’t even notice that you’ve already burned so many calories while seemingly playing.
- Pacers and Ghosts are great motivators for people who love to compete with themselves, as well as for tracking goal achievement. Multi-player mode, on the other hand, gives you a sense of competition with others or belongingness by riding with a crowd.
- While it’s great to participate in tours and chases, manual mode still provides you the variety in terrain and pace to keep you away from the boredom in regular stationary bikes.
- You’ll need to dedicate some space for this machine, as it does take up a large footprint.
- Price is always the catch to machines with really great features. Although the Expresso HD Upright Exercise Bike – HDU can be quite expensive for most people, its uses outweigh the pain in spending for it.
The Expresso HD Upright Exercise Bike – HDU makes exercise possible for your workout to be so intense without even noticing time fly by so quickly. It’s a virtual reality exercise bike that brings together gaming and social networking elements to make your workout fun and interactive. Now that’s exercise redefined.