Features and Specifications:
- Cap Barbell’s 40-Pound Dumbbell Set comes with two spinlock adjustable dumbbells that can easily assembled to suit your exercise requirements.
- Its weight plates are made of solid cast iron with a semi-gloss finish to prevent rusting.
- The set includes four (4) 2.5 – pound plates and four (4) 5 – pound plates.
- It also comes with two handles that are engraved with a crosshatch pattern (knurled) for a better grip.
- It includes four (4) collars that are threaded and have rubber trimming.
- Each dumbbell measures 20 inches x 9 inches x 8 inches (Length x Width x Height)
- Cap Barbell’s 40-Pound Dumbbell Set is complete with a plastic storage case.
- More than Just Muscle: A lot of people turn to more advanced exercise machines because of the support and safety mechanisms built into them. While this is perfectly understandable and justifiable, they’re forgetting that one major benefit to working with weights, specifically dumbbells, is building balance and coordination. With the wide range of movement possible with dumbbells, you shall be able to use different muscles to keep your balance. Moreover, if you use simultaneous muscles with two dumbbells, your brain gets its kick-start and tells the rest of your body to be “on its toes”.
- Variation and Flexibility: Cap Barbell’s 40-Pound Dumbbell Set comes with a good range of weight plates for you to use when you’re working on your upper or lower body. And compared to working with barbells, dumbbells allow more exercise variations for users of all levels.
- No Bells and Whistles: This set comes with your good ole’ spinlock adjustable dumbbells. While there may be more expensive and fancy pieces out in the market, Cap Barbell’s 40-Pound Dumbbell Set does what it is supposed to do at a relatively affordable price.
- Odor Control: A number of people who bought Cap Barbell’s 40-Pound Dumbbell Set mention that it lets out a gasoline-like chemical scent that lasts anywhere from a week to more than a month. As this is quite a strong scent, I don’t recommend using the set in a small space.
- Storage Case: You would expect that since the set weighs more or less 40 pounds, the storage case it comes with is made out of durable plastic. Unfortunately, the case is made out of flimsy material that easily breaks if not handled very carefully.
- Weight Confusion: If you were to weight the entire package, including the storage case, Cap Barbell’s 40-Pound Dumbbell Set really does weight about 40 pounds. However, if you do your math, the weight plates should add up to 30 pounds, and the handles and collars probably could bring it closer to 40 lbs. However, people are expecting to get 40 pounds with the weight plates alone.
The origin of the word “dumbbell” came from equipment used for practicing and developing strength for English bellringing. Similar to a lot of movement in exercises today, these were used through replicating movements on a bell rope. Like the campanologists or bell ringers of old, no training is complete without a reliable set of dumbbells such as Cap Barbell’s 40-Pound Dumbbell Set.