- Weight Stack: The Body Solid EXM1500S has alloy weight stack plates that are adjustable in ten-pound increments for up to 160 pounds. Weight/resistance adjustment is done through pins that are inserted or removed from the neatly-stacked pins. Nylon bushings are used and, its plates are machine-drilled to correctly fit the apparatus. These allow a smooth and relatively quiet workout.
- Exercise Options: This single-stack home gym allows its users to perform about 30 exercises. These include the following: bench press, pull-over upright, bent-over, and seated row, deltoid raise, wide-grip, and close-grip front lat pull-down, ab crunch, oblique bend, standing biceps curl, triceps press down, extension, and kick-back, leg extension, leg curl (sitting and standing) , chest presses, and more.
- Accessories: The EXM1500S comes with a low row bar, utility strap, workout poster, and lat bar. These add-ons facilitate variation in exercises, and helps users achieve a total body workout.
- Dimensions: The Body Solid EXM1500S has the following measurements: 83 inches (Height) x 49 inches (Length) x 36 inches (Width). The product weighs 297 lbs. or 134. 72 kilograms.
- Small Footprint – Compared to a lot of home gyms, the EXM1500S takes up a relatively small workout space and is more compact. This set-up works perfectly for folks who live and/or work out in smaller spaces.
- Multiple Exercise Options and Variations – The Body Solid EXM1500S Single Stack Home Gym is worth every penny spent simply because it allows users to perform a myriad of variations on basic exercises. Although I would recommend this product for entry-level exercise enthusiasts, the fact that you can do over 30 exercises on this machine opens a lot of potential to convert enthusiasts into serious trainers.
- Quiet and Smooth – The weight stacks construction and arrangement are sturdy and precise enough for users to deeply appreciate the simplicity, smoothness, and consistency of free weights over resistance levels provided by newer, so-called cutting edge resistance technologies.
- Too Compact for Some – The measurements and small footprint of the Body Solid EXM1500S Single Stack Home Gym might pose a challenge for larger and/or taller users. Some positions or exercise variations may be difficult or uncomfortable to execute because the machine was not ergonomically designed to fit all shapes and sizes.
- Assembly Time – Putting together this home gym can be quite a task since the instructions are said to be incomplete, and quite difficult to follow. Set aside time and ask an able companion to help you set up the EXM1500S. Take your time, plan it out, and arrange the parts carefully. It’s all going to be worth the hours spent assembling this.
Appearances can definitely be deceiving. Although the Body Solid EXM1500S Single Stack Home Gym is compact and does not eat up a lot of workout space, this machine has a lot of features that an entry-level exercise enthusiast can use, and even more.