Product Features and Advantages:
- SixStar Certified Frame: As AFG is a SixStar Certified company, the 3.1 AE Elliptical complies with the required 6 elements for it to receive such certification. These elements include: pedal placement, body posture, access to the ground, handlebar spacing, foot path, and smoothness of momentum.
- Drive System and Flywheel: The AFG 3.1 AE has a front drive system, and a heavy flywheel weighing 23 lbs or 10.5 kilograms.
- Resistance and Incline: This elliptical offers electromagnetic resistance at 20 levels. It also has a power incline feature and allows users to adjust incline in increments of 5%, for up to 20 levels.
- Programs: This machine has ten (10) built-in programs for its users to choose from. Aside from manual mode and custom user settings, the AFG 3.1 AE also has the following workout programs: Intervals, Weight Loss, Constant Watts, Muscle Toner, Reverse Train, Oregon Trail, and THR Zone. It uses proFILE™ to track and evaluate the workout performance of up to two users.
- Heart Rate Monitor: The 3.1 AE allows users to track their heart rate in two ways: through its contact grips, and a Polar® wireless receiver and chest strap for telemetric reading. The chest strap comes for free when purchased through Amazon.
- Stride Length: This elliptical has a 20-inch stride.
- Console: The user panel on the 3.1 AE uses LED displays, with 2 feedback windows and 1 progress window. It is easy-to-read, and all the necessary components such as readings for calories burned, time elapsed, RPM, pulse, distance, and watts are seen at a glance. The console also comes with built-in speakers, an in/out jack, and a USB port for software updates.
- Water Bottle Holder: This machine does come with a water bottle holder conveniently located near the console.
- Measurements: The AFG 3.1 AE Elliptical has the following dimensions: 76 inches (length) x 24 inches (width) x 67 inches (height).
- Weight and User Weight Capacity: It weighs 198 lbs or 90 kilograms, and can take user weights of up to 325 lbs or 147 kg.
- Although it isn’t much of a big deal, the AFG 3.1 AE Elliptical does not come with a cooling fan and media tray. This may add in to the boredom factor, if it weren’t for the speaker and plugs for playing music.
- The 3.1 AE does take up some space, and does not have transport wheels for ease of storage.
- To avoid unnecessary noises or clunking, it is highly recommended for users who are not that DIY-savvy to have the machine assembled.
Only three exercise equipment companies have ellipticals that are SixStar certified, and AFG is one of them. Its 3.1 AE Elliptical passes the six-point check conducted by an expert panel proving that this machine delivers on its promise of a natural elliptical feel at a reasonable price.